Château de Fosse-Sèche - Gondwana 2016 (rött/red): Unveiling Nature's Greatness (only 3 bottles left!)
Gondwana 2016 is one of the small and ephemeral cuvées of Château de Fosse-Sèche. Made of selected ranks of Cabernet Franc vines, with very low yields and an attention to details brought to its maximum during an original winemaking process that combines egg-shaped vats and sandstone amphoras, this exceptional wine exudes quality and exclusivity. The precise and tensed structure that defines Fosse-Sèche wines comes here with wonderfully silky tannins and a length in mouth that set this wine in a category apart. A superb expression of the natural lushness the Pire brother have managed to create on the Château de Fosse-Sèche estate.
Ideally served around 13°, Gondwana calls for a slow roasted lamb shoulder accompanied by roasted vegetables, but will also go very well with a variety of meat- or mushroom-based dishes.
Priset gäller för 1 flaska på 75cl / Price is for one 75cl bottle.
Technical information :
Grape variety: 100% Cabernet Franc
Vines: Around 60 years old
Soil: Jurassic plateau with stony structure (flint) with gravels bound together with slightly clayey earth. Free of any gross limestone, this soil allows a very deep rooting.
Climate: Temperate zone with oceanic influence, fostering a slow and progressive maturation.
Cultural method: Organic (certified by Ecocert)
Yield: Less than 20hl/ha
Vinification: Less than one week maceration under controlled temperature, 12 months maturation on lees in egg-shaped vat for 55% of the volume and in sandstone amphora for the remaining 45% .